ATA CARNET FOR EXHIBITIONS & EVENTS
GUIDANCE ON IMPLEMENTATION OF TEMPORARY IMPORT / RE EXPORT FOR EXHIBITION, EVENT UNDER ATA CARNET OF WORLD CUSTOMS ORGANIZATION
ATA carnet means the paper used for the temporary admission of goods, which shall be accepted in lieu of a customs declaration for completing customs procedures and incorporate a guarantee to cover import duties, other taxes, late payment interests, fines, fees or charges (if any) collected on goods temporarily admission.
Temporary admission means the procedure for management of goods which are temporarily imported for re-exportation or temporarily exported for re-importation into States or territories that are members of the World Customs Organization’s ATA Convention (1961) or Istanbul Convention (1990) on temporary admission.
Goods granted temporary admission.
Goods intended for display or demonstration at an exhibition, event, technological, industrial, agricultural or crafts exhibition, fair, show or display, or an exhibition or meeting which is organized for charitable purpose or to promote any branch of sport, cultural, art, craft, scientific or educational activity, or religious knowledge, worship or tourism, international meeting or seminar, or a representative meeting of an official or commemorative character.
Goods intended for use at an event including: goods necessary for the purpose of demonstrating foreign machinery or apparatus to be displayed; construction and decoration material, including electrical fittings, for the temporary stands or stalls; advertising and demonstration material which is demonstrably publicity material for the foreign goods displayed.
- Goods intended for display or demonstration including: interpretation equipment, sound and image recording apparatus and films of an educational, scientific or cultural character intended for use at events.
Period of temporary admission
The period for the temporary importation and re-exportation of temporarily admitted goods shall be 12 months from the date of completion of temporary importation procedures and within the validity period of the ATA carnet.
- Customs places for temporarily admitted goods: Customs Sub-department at arrival port.
- Present customs dossier:
+ The ATA carnet: 01 original.
+ The show, event, exhibition license: 1 photocopy.
+ The license for temporary importation of goods and the notice of specialized inspection results as prescribed by law: 01 original.
+ The bill of lading or air way bill: 01 photocopy.
- Present the goods at the request of the customs authority for physical inspection purpose.
- Customs officer make records and certification on the ATA carnet and update information on the ATA carnet into the Electronic customs data processing system then return the original ATA carnet to the customs declarant.
- Cargo clearance & delivery.
Notice of regulations of law for using goods granted temporary admission
- Goods granted temporary admission must be used at an event in Vietnam after completion of temporary importation procedure.
- While goods granted temporary admission as prescribed herein are used at an event, they cannot be used for any other purposes. When ending an event, temporarily admitted goods must be re-exported, re-imported or converting to permanent import procedures or repurposing in accordance with regulations of law.
For further assistance, pls feel free to contact Asia Expo Logistics